Tuesday, December 23, 2014

 This book to me is a classic. It is a cute story of a tree that is too tall for Mr. Willowby and he trims off the top. Well, then the top goes to the upstairs maid and it is too tall for her so then it goes to a bear and so on and so on. Animals who get the top include rabbits, fox and mice. The illustrations are simple, green, black and white. I enjoy reading this every year. The next book is one I just started to appreciate this year, Dream Snow by Eric Carle.  I am not sure how I missed it but it is a simple story of a farmer and his 5 animals and his tree. The children enjoyed guessing which animal is under the blanket of snow and at the end there is a button to push that will play music reminiscent of the Firefly book where the back pager lights up. If you are looking for a laugh, read Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at Sant's by Tomie DePaolo. It is funny look at the Santa's family all gathering for dinner including uncles who argue like children, an aunt with a skill for slipping things into her purse,      and a friend who brings an over the top guest. I thought the students may not laugh as much as I did but they just about did.Dream SnowMr. Willowby's Christmas TreeFront Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment